Monday, July 16, 2007

Thank you, spoiler alert.

As usual with nothing to do in the office (got things to do actually. Just don't want to go around doing them) i turn to the internet to keep myself busy. I Googled the following websites:

1. Crocs.com - these shoes are number one on my wishlist now. I find the butch-y designs very appealing to my fashion language. I need to have this on my KL trip

2. Cebupacificair.com - just booked tickets for Net, Jes, and myself for November 17th to the 25th. God help me.

3. Tv.com - searching for title-worthy quotes from The Office

4. Lovingyou.com - Guy Smiley and I are in a rough patch. Sad circumstances happen to the
best of us, and yet we don't know how to deal with them. Anyway whatever happens, we're friends. We always have been.

5. Harry Potter Book 7 Spoilers - i'm a spoiler addict. I don't care if you tell me how a book or a movie ends. It's not a big deal to me.

I went to this site where it had all 36 chapters of the 7th book listed down and when you click on the link, it opens to a full blown book chapter.

I curiously clicked one chapter entitled "The Locked Room." What crappy, crappy writing! JK Rowling's prose may be bad but it's not rubbish. I mean, come on, if those were the contents of the actual book, bookstores should have signs posted outside their shops warning Harry Potter fans/readers about the crapload they're gonna buy for P1,500.

I refuse to read about Harry's "growing monster north of his trousers at the sight of Ginny." I mean, have you ever seen the actress playing Ginny? The girl's a kid for crying out loud! It's like reading a trashy novel written by a drunk and horny Sydney Sheldon. Some people really suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. They want people to go nuts over something shitty and stupid. I believe people have surfed on the site many times as this was "international news." Um, hello?! You really had to see it to believe it.

If you want to see real spoilers/speculations, click here.

I'm not a big Harry Potter fan but i appreciate the cogs in Rowling's head. Writing 7 books in a span of 10 years with fans going ga-ga over characters in an overly-fictional world can do wonders for your self-esteem (and your bank account). The series is funny, exciting, endearing, and every time you finish one book, you'll be left asking "What the fuck was that about? How did that happen?" But with fan fiction about the raging hormones of these wholesome characters on the loose on the net is really insulting.

Anyway, i can't wait to go home. My sister texted me telling me about something she downloaded over the internet. It's pages 1-194 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I wish i could Apparate my ass from this bitch of a place already.

No comments: